We are pleased to see that you are interested in joining the local Metrolina Chapter of the Project Management Institute. Joining a local PMI chapter is a great first step to start networking with local practitioners on a regular basis and become eligible for our considerable chapter discounts. In order to become a PMI Metrolina Chapter member:
- You must first become a Project Management Institute (PMI) member.
- Once you have become a PMI member, you can login to the global PMI website and under the "Membership", choose "Local Chapters", and navigate to the PMI Metrolina local chapter under "United States-North Carolina".
If you are not sure about joining the PMI or the local Metrolina Chapter, just come to our next chapter meeting or contact us. Already a member of the PMI or Metrolina Chapter? Volunteer and earn PDUs!
We look forward to meeting you!
- Chapter Website with presentations from past events, information about upcoming events and lots of information about PMI.
- Monthly Newsletter with links to events going on throughout the state and available opportunities for networking, professional development and volunteering.
- The PMI Metrolina Chapter has an active presence on a number of social media sites. For a start, you can find us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- The PMI Metrolina Chapter holds its monthly chapter meeting on the third Tuesday of each month.
- Community meetings that occur at various times and locations throughout our footprint including the following areas: Asheville, Ballantyne, Concord, Fayetteville, Hickory, Huntersville, Jacksonville, Mooresville, University, Uptown Charlotte, West Lake Norman, and Wilmington.
- Certification preparation courses at a significant cost savings for PMP, PgMP and other certifications.
- Additional Educational Opportunities listing of colleges and training organizations offering discounts and special offers to chapter members.
- Volunteer Leadership opportunities.
- Community Outreach Opportunities.
- Employment Search Assistance through 4 SkillFest events plus job board listings on the website and through social media.
- Free PDUs available quarterly for members who attend our Saturday PDU sessions.
- Scholarship opportunities for multiple levels of education from certification prep to advanced degrees in project management.
PMI National Benefits
The benefits of membership to the Project Management Institute include:
- Exclusive members-only content on PMI.org
- Knowledge sharing and networking opportunities through PMI communities
- Job search capabilities using Career Headquarters
- Leadership and volunteer opportunities through PMI components and communities, certification program, Knowledge Center and other areas
- Access to A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)
- Access to PMI's career framework
PMI Members also receive discounts on:
- PMI® credential exams and renewals
- SeminarsWorld® and eSeminarsWorldSM educational opportunities
- PMI global congresses and Research Conference attendance
- Soundview® Executive Book Summaries
- Research and reference services by PMI Virtual Library staff
- Project management publications, products and training tools through the PMI Marketplace
- Tuition at Capella University
And access to exclusive publications and information to members, including:
- PM Network®, PMI's monthly magazine with the latest news and trends
- PMI Today®, PMI's informative monthly newsletter
- Project Management Journal®, a quarterly research journal
- Leadership in Project Management, an annual publication devoted to enriching leadership skills
- PMI Community POST, a bimonthly electronic newsletter
- PMI e-links, monthly electronic newsletters that focus on EMEA and Asia Pacific trends
- Online access to information resources with PMI Marketplace and Virtual Library