"Agile Primer; a 360 Look" Speaker: Cris Casey, Metro Region (Ballantyne, Charlotte & University)
Topic: "An Agile Primer; a 360 Look"
There’s no getting around it, “Agile” is a confusing term these days. With over a dozen different methods or practices claiming to be agile, multiplied by implementations as different as the organizations that employ them, it’s no wonder discussions about Agile are perplexing, especially to those who have been successful at delivering value just fine without the “benefits” practitioners claim are inherent to an Agile approach.
Join Cris Casey as he explains like few can, the many facets of both big “A” and little “a” agile. From this interactive talk you’ll learn about:
- The many flavors of Agile
- What makes Agile different
- Where Agile as a practice makes sense; where it doesn’t
- How autonomy is critical to agility
- What is and who leads a self-organizing team
- Why you may be more agile than you think
- What dangerous (and dated) myths “Agilists” spread about other methods
You don’t want to miss this presentation. It’s guaranteed to get you thinking about Agile in a whole new light.
Presenter: Cris Casey, PMP, CSM, ITIL, CSPO, SAFe
Cris Casey is a contract trainer and consultant at SoftEd who specialises in adaptive leadership and multi-method project and program management. He has over 25 years of independent experience in managing complex enterprise-wide projects, serving as leader, catalyst and facilitator. He has worked worldwide in a large number of industries and has been fortunate enough to serve companies like AT&T, Fidelity Investments, New Balance Athletics, Smith & Nephew, Parexel and gategroup.
Cris’s skills and expertise cover a broad spectrum of business process and information technology areas including: agile practices, application design facilitation, business process management, cross-functional planning and facilitation, customer relationship management, enterprise architecture, procurement and negotiation, risk management, systems analysis, systems architecture, and vendor management.
He is an active member of the consulting, business analysis and project management communities, regularly speaking at events and seminars. You can find his personal content at CrisCasey.com.
· Bachelor of Arts, Communications, Thomas Edison State University
· Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
· Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
· Information Technology Infrastructure Library (Foundation ITIL v3)
· Project Management Professional (PMP)
· Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe 5)
It is no longer possible to register for this event