Business Analyst Tools & Techniques - Virtual Training Courses
Instructor: Eugenia [Gina] Schmidt, PMP, CBAP, PMI-PBA, CBDA
Bio: Throughout Gina Schmidt’s career, she has successfully managed and participated in enterprise-wide multi-vendor projects while performing in a diverse number of roles. As a known expert and consultant in project management and business analysis, she has been engaged as a speaker and seminar instructor by many professional associations, including IIBA, PMI, BA World, Building Business Capability Conference, Women in Technology, We Build Character (non-profit CIO mentoring) and training companies, such as SoftEd. In addition to her current firm, VITINAR, she has been both an internal and external consultant at Lighthouse Consulting Partners, PricewaterhouseCoopers and AT&T. Gina has recently authored, “Mastering Business Analysis Versatility: Seven Steps to Develop Advanced Competencies and Capabilities” which is part of a Business Analysis Professional Development Series offered by J. Ross Publishing.
Description: This course takes a deep dive into the skillset needed to be a successful Business Analyst. It can mean many different things based on organization or reponsibilities however the skillset needed to accelerate your career reamain the same. This session will teach the tools and techniques to assess value and what critical thinking skills are used to support the decision process. On top of that this session will discuss how to look at business direction and breaking down the work that needs to be completed.
- Produce a use case diagram and a detailed use case description
- Produce a process model of an end-to-end business process
- Produce an entity-relationship diagram and a data dictionary
- Build decision trees and decision tables to represent and clarify business rules
- Use critical appraisal techniques to refine and improve a system specification
- List the desirable contents of a business requirements specification
- Those new to the business or systems analysis role
- Experienced analysts looking to formalise your training
- Non-information systems person working with systems analysts
- Project Managers looking to improve their analysis skills
Project Management Institute (PMI)® accredited course: This course is accredited with PMI® and will contribute 15 professional development units (PDUs) towards your chosen certification (12 technical hours, 2 leadership hours and 1 strategic hours).
This course course hours qualify for the PMI-PBA Certification, please check the PMI website for full certification requirements.
It is no longer possible to register for this event