Charlotte Virtual Meeting -Topic Intro to Disciplined Agile Speaker: Dave Davis PMP, PgMP
project and program management, leadership, and business acumen. Dave has done many things in many areas and that information can be found in
his bio at projectmanagement.com, but the purpose of this presentation is not to talk about Dave’s credentials, but instead to share knowledge, ideas,
and professional experience.
that based on the context of the work effort (project, team, or skill set etc.) the team should be able to choose the best workflow to apply to this effort. The DA structure uses an iteration goal to make this workflow choice. Now these workflows can vary from accepted methodologies like SCRUM or Kanban to
organization specific workflows that fit your specific circumstances. This presentation will provide a high level overview of Disciplined Agile and how it might impact your
organization and your career. The presentation includes:
1) Disciplined Agile and PMI – What’s happening and what does it mean?
2) The layers of Disciplined Agile
3) Disciplined Agile as a tool to help make your organization more agile?
4) You can still use your existing tools and methodology in DA
5) Certifications – Disciplined Agile and Your Career (and the ACP is not going away)
Disciplined Agile is a disruptor in the marketplace. As PMI gives more involved in transformation to agile
organizations, DA’s layers will be at the core of the PMI toolset.
1) The attendee will be able to provide an explanation of Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD), Goals, Workflow, Blades, and the DAD lifecycle (Inception, Construction, Transition).
2) The attendee will be able to explain choice and context and using the toolkit to select you Way of Work (WOW)
3) The attendee will have an understanding of DA and be able to formulate a strategy for applying
DA in an enterprise organization for not only software development, but for any organizational
This is session will raise awareness of the Agile landscape and PMI/Disciplined Agile. It will explore the
concept of using DA as the catalyst to help you organization become more agile at adjusting to change
and understand the concept of the DA toolkit to create a suite of choices to decide the correct way of
work based on the context of the project. You will be able to ask questions and gain understanding.